Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc. was started on April 1, 1976. Roy Applequist, founder and president, has lead the company during these many years. The company has succeeded in becoming one of the largest privately held agricultural equipment manufacturers in the United States.
3P606NT 6' 3-Point No-Till Compact Drill
No one in the industry has pioneered and developed a more complete line of compact seeding systems than Great Plains. Whether it’s pasture, wildlife conservation, roadside seeding or reclamation management, Great Plains has the system with a host of innovative no-till features that most would expect to find only on larger seeding systems.
The 6’ 3-Point Mounted No-Till Drill is not an overseeder. This is a robust no-till drill loaded with features like 450 lbs. preloaded coulters, a ground driven metering system, rain tight seed box and the world’s finest double disk no-till opener with 4 mil. blades. The rugged 6’ seeder is ideal for limited space situations or small job applications.
- 4 speed gearbox allows quick final drive speed changes.
- Small seeds box attachment utilizes a smaller version of the fluted feed cup to accurately meter small seeds like alfalfa, clover or wildflowers.
- Fluted feed cups utilize the reliable fluted feed design to efficiently seed a wide variety of seeds from peas to alfalfa.
- Row Spacing 7.5” (19.05 cm)
- Number Of Openers 9
- Weight 2280 lbs (1034 kg)
- Working Width 6’ (1.83 m)
- Transport Width 6’ 8” (2.03 m)
- Transport Clearance Varies by tractor lift
- Height 5’ 1” (1.55 m)
- Length 5’ (1.52 m)
- Seed Box Capacity 12 bu
- Tire Size 5.7 x 8” (222.86 x 60.96 cm)
- Opener Travel 6.5” (16.51 cm)
- Opener Depth 0 to 3.5” (0 to 8.89 cm)
- Opener Down Pressure 90-180 lbs (40.82 kg to 81.64 kg)
- Coulter Depth 0 to 4” (0 to 10.16 cm)
- Coulter Pre-Load 450 lbs (203 kg)
1006NT End Wheel No-Till Drill
The End Wheel No-Till Drill is the perfect balance between compact versatility and larger drill productivity. This unit is at home seeding in a wide variety of applications from pasture renovation to mine reclamation.
The 7’ and 10’ End Wheel Drills feature large end wheels designed for unmatched ground gauging in rugged terrain. In addition, the in-line end wheels minimize side-loading on contours and side-hills, dramatically extending the life of the notill openers. Other features include 4-speed gearboxes, automatic clutch for end row field turns and rain tight lids for maximum seed and fertilizer protection.
- Fluted Feed Cups Utilizes the reliable fluted feed design to efficiently seed a wide variety of seeds from peas to alfalfa.
- End Wheel Design Allows for excellent ground gauging with minimal opener side loading on turns.
- Weight Brackets Built in weight brackets allow you to add your tractor weights to penetrate hard ground.
- Series II Native Grass Box The picker wheel feed design is aggressive enough to feed fluffy, native grass blends.
- Lock Out Hubs Lock-out hubs disengage all chains and sprockets for reduced wear during transport.
- Acre Meter Accurately measures acres planted for billing custom work.
- Coulter Grease Bank Lubricate all coulter pivots from one location.
- Seed Level Indicator A high visibility seed level indicator can be easily viewed from the tractor.
- Small Seeds Box This attachment utilizes a smaller version of the fluted feed cup to accurately meter seeds.
- V-bottom Seed Boxes V-bottom seed boxes are designed for complete cleanout.
- 4-Speed Gearbox Speed change gearbox is standard equipment making it quick and simple to change rates.
- Water Tight Lids Boxes have watertight lids with built in seed diverters.