Truax Drills are designed to plant grasses and legumes on a variety of site conditions.
Truax Company is all about precision seed placement in seed planting applications. Truax equipment is designed from the top down to effectively meter and plant grass seeds at the required shallow depth.
FLEXII Series Grass Drill
- Double disc furrow openers and depth bands optimize seed placement and seed to soil contact.
- Multiple seed boxes give you the flexibility to seed native fluffy seeds, cool season species, small grains, legumes, and wildflowers.
- Planting can be accomplished as no-till and interseeding in most conditions, from hard pastures and roadsides to crop residue and cover crops, as well as on a prepared seedbed.
- Consistent delivery of seed to the openers.
- Eliminates plugged seed passages.
- Independent adjustment for fine tuning each seed box output.
- Simple derailleur speed changer sets output of fluffy seed.
- Slide lever sets openings for fluted feed cups of small seed box and cool season/grain box.
- Optional output reduction kit for low seeding rates from all boxes.
Truax Utility Drill – U-series
The Truax alternative for seed delivery and placement when Drilling in close quarters such as in narrow ditch bottoms or around structural improvements. Truax Utility Series Drills are a three-point hitch Drill with rear mounted drive wheel.
Seed placement, whether in bare ground or interseeded into cover crops or sod, is one of the most challenging concerns when establishing grasses. Truax double disc openers and no-till attachments meet this challenge. U-Series Drills are designed so that you can purchase just the Drill you need, then add optional features to meet your changing needs.
- Available as a 4.0 foot (Utility-86), 5.3 foot (Utility-88) or 8.0 foot (Utility 812).
- U-Series Drills feature the traditional Truax seed box design for efficient handling of all types and textures of seed and precision metering of seed flow.
- Available as a grass Drill with two seed boxes, a large fluffy seed box and a small seed box with the option for adding a cool season/grain box to make it a three box Drill.
- Available as a grain Drill with two seed boxes, a grain box and a small box. A fluffy seed box cannot be added to the grain Drill.
Standard equipment on the grain Drill includes:
RANGELAND Drill Rough Rider - model: RR-1210
The Truax "Soft Touch" - Seed placement on rugged sites with minimal soil disturbance. Plants at a shallow depth with minimal soil disturbance when disc openers are equipped with side mounted depth/gauge wheels or plants in a furrow for moisture conservation without the depth/gauge wheels.
- A heavy-duty planter designed to plant multiple species of grasses and grains on sites that typically would be inaccessible to conventional planting equipment.
- Planting units are arranged in two ranks with a front to back separation of 48" for maximum trash clearance.
- Ground penetration is achieved by 4 tons riding on planting discs mounted at a 7-degree angle to vertical and a 7-degree angle to horizontal.